Monday, October 13, 2008

This place was AWESOME!

We visited a local pumpkin patch yesterday; Center Grove Orchards. The place was amazing! It has come to my attention that many people go to this orchard, but why didn't I ever know about it!!?? Once again, proof that I am so behind the times. But whatever, it truly was one of the best days ever. Maybe its because it was one of the first family experiences that I truly felt Kara could actually participate in and have some sort of a clue what we were doing, or maybe it's just that I'm easy to please! I found myself thinking "this is complete happiness" several times throughout the afternoon. With Kara holding onto both her father's and my hands while she walked with us, proof that she will take steps on her own any day now. And then jumping in this thing they call a corn pool, weird I know, but so fun! Bouncing (or should I say just sitting there and letting other people bounce us) on the big "pillow," and then finally picking all of our pumpkins. What a perfect way to spend a fall afternoon. And then, even better than that, Kara didn't even fall asleep on the way home, so she napped until 6:30 that night, and still went to bed by 8pm. Can it get any better?? Here's some of the cuteness herself....



No comments: