Sunday, January 25, 2009

Taking Care of Business...


Well, I finally did it. I went to the eye doctor after several years of procrastinating. I used to feel so happy to have 20/20 vision when I was younger, and then as I've gotten older my eyesight has slowly begun to get a little blurry. At first I blamed it on pregnancy, but then when it didn't get any better I knew I had to do something about it.
You see, I had 2 New Years resolutions this year. One was to get the eyes taken care of, and the other was to get up my nerve and go to a chiropractor for this chronic pinching pain I've had in my upper shoulder for years. These were just little things that I put off and put off, but I've always told my mother she needed to take better care of herself, so I figured I better hold true to my words and do the same for myself as a mom. I knew I didn't have the drive to stick with a resolution such as "eating better" or "working out 5 days a week", so I picked these 2 things that I could get done and then just be done with. (Or so I thought!) ;)
So, I got over my fear of being "cracked" and got on the table and put my back into place. It felt wonderful and I definitely plan to continue this process as long as it takes to get me all lined up. And maybe this one resolution will take more than just one try, but that's ok.
Then, when I went to the eye care center and put on my new "eyes" for the first time I could hardly believe it! Was this what it was supposed to look like to be able to see edges in objects, and read the words on a glass door, and even better, be able to read the exit signs on the highway?! Yes, yes it was, and it was nice.

Now maybe my "squinting lines" will go away.... Hey, a girl can wish right? :)

5 comments:

Yana said...

You look awesome in those! I love it!

i'm B. said...

these are so cute, carol! you look great in glasses. piper broke both of mine in the past couple months. i really need to go replace them, but don't wanna cough up the cash!

Julie said...

You look great in glasses. Very sophisticated and smart!!! :)

Carol said...

wow, you guys are so sweet! I was a little insecure at first... and it does feel a little weird, but I'm getting used to them little by little. :)

Angie said...

You look adorable in your glasses, Carol!