Monday, July 13, 2009

3 Things I Love About Summer....

Summer time brings lots of great things, and here are some of my favorites!

1. Fresh Fruit!

I love the bright colors, the juicy pop in your mouth, and the delicious ripe smell of fresh berries.

2. City wide carnivals and fairs, with lots of parades and never ending candy!



3. And my favorite of all time.... Swimming!!!

Speaking of swimming, Kara started taking her first swimming lesson last week. One of our neighbors was nice enough to let us borrow their pool for a private swimming lesson for Kara for 2 weeks. The first day she did great, blowing bubbles (or shall I say, drinking the water), kicking and splashing. The next several days were not as successful, she developed a sudden fear of getting in the water after her first lesson.... but now today I got a wonderful report that she spent an hour in the pool just kicking and splashing and jumping in!! Look at that natural form!


I LOVE Summer!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love summer too! I wish it would never end, but then I wouldn't ever get to wear my favorite scarves.

The winters are kind of long here too. I'm not so sure I like that.