Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Funny Things....

My grandfathers birthday is on the 4th of July. Every year I send him chocolate covered strawberries for his birthday, usually decorated in Red, White, and Blue. He is a widowed man who lives in the Poconos of Pennsylvania and has a dear friend Tony who lives next door who's wife also passed away.
Anyways, when he called me tonight to thank me for the strawberries we had a very interesting conversation, it went something like this:

Me: So are you and Tony going to have dinner together tonight? (something they do regularly)
Poppy: Oh no, I had dinner at my place and he ate at his. But we are getting together for dessert, kind of like a date. But we're not gay..... the ladies will be coming over later.

Me: laughing uncontrollably...

The mans got wit and humor. And he never ceases to amaze me with the things that come out of his mouth!

Happy Happy Birthday Poppy!!!!!

No comments: