Monday, April 6, 2009

Monsters VS. Aliens

Kara had her first movie theater experience yesterday! We had been talking about doing this with her for a while, since Curt and I are such avid movie goers, we could not wait until our daughter was old enough to attend with us! So, yesterday being the snowy, cold dreary day it was in the middle of April, we decided it was a perfect day to go!
I have to give her props, the kid did good, sitting there for 2 hours, and if they didn't have 30 minutes of previews in the beginning, I think she would have made it through the whole movie. We probably could have gotten through the whole movie, but me being the self-conscious person I am didn't want to "disturb" the other youngsters in the theater.
And I do have to admit, I spent most of the movie admiring her profile staring up at the huge screen chowing down on popcorn. So cute, just a miniature version of her father and I.
So overall, I'd say it was a movie success! It also made me feel a lot more confident about the $100 tickets we just purchased for the Sesame Street Live show next month. I'm positive she'll sit through that, because she is in LOVE w/Sesame Street! Watch out Elmo, here we come!!!!

Now, I wonder if we could take her to "Adventureland" next weekend? (the movie that is). Ha.... I think we'll hold off on that one.

No comments: