Friday, April 24, 2009

Sand Sand Everywhere!!!


Its spring time in the Moxley household! As soon as the 80 degree weather comes I am ready for summer! Last week I found a great deal on Craigslist for a Step 2 sandbox, got it for $20! At first my husband thought it was just another frivolous purchase of mine, but I think I may have persuaded him differently when I showed him how much they sell for at Toys R Us! It was in great condition and even came with some toys! I set it up on the deck and now all I need is to get a pool out there and I will have my own little private beach! Oh wait.... was this supposed to be for my daughter? Well, thats who I said it was for atleast, but secretly, I wanted it just so I could dig my feet into the nice cool, crystal white sand! Curt jokingly stated that I'll probably lay a beach towel in it and lay out in it, but honestly I thought that was a pretty good idea! You see, I am an East coast girl at heart, I grew up on beaches practically my whole childhood. Newport, Narragansett, Duxberry, Wilmington just to name a few. You can take the girl away from the beaches, but you can't take the beaches away from the girl!! Sorry babe!
Ok, so back to the subject, Kara on the other hand, was not so fond of the sand. She will not allow me to take her shoes off in the sandbox, and will only sit on the edge or the outside. Slowly but surely though, I think she'll warm up to it. I will see to it any way! Especially in time for a week long trip out to the beaches of NC this August!!!

On another spring time note, last night was Ladies Night at the local gardening store here in town. I went along with some of the fellow moms from the YUM's group and had a blast! It was so relaxing getting to walk around with out a screaming toddler just looking at all the different kinds of flowers and plants. I picked some out and with the help of one of the very lovely workers there planted them and was assured they were "hardy" flowers! Hopefully I can keep them alive until Memorial Day atleast! Here's a little look at my creation:

1 comment:

Jen said...

Love the sandbox and the flowers! Can't drag Isaac away from the dirt...but that's a boy for ya! Keep us posted on the status of your beautiful plants!